Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A fitness post.


By far, my greatest struggle is with my weight. I consider myself a very healthy eater, I always have been, however I'm never *quite* satisfied with how I look. While perusing Pinterest a couple weeks ago, I happened upon a 21 day challenge. It's called the "No Junk Food Challenge", and my mind went "bing!". My greatest weakness is chocolate. Salty or fried foods I could care less about, it's allll about the sweets for this girl. So, to prove to myself I could go without chocolate for 3 weeks, I decided to do it. It was so.hard. at the beginning, and my struggles were definitely psychological. I thought about sweets all.day.long. the first couple of days, and I think it was my bodies way of saying… why can't I have this? I had never thought that much about sweets before but once I couldn't have them, I was obsessed. Luckily, I held out that first week, and now I'm on day 11 and feeling great. I'm not craving sweets anymore and I feel physically better, lighter even. I definitely know now that sweets drag me down, not only emotionally but physically. I have more energy now, and am a little more confident. I know my weight will always be a struggle for me, and it will never dissapear. However, I'm proud of myself for taking healthy strides and trying to make better nutritional choices.

Want to try the challenge? Here it is:

No chocolate
No candy
No biscuits/cookies
No cakes, donuts, or muffins
No pastries
No white bread
No chips
No fast food
No nutella, peanut butter, or other naughty spreads
No ice cream

For 21 days. 

I'm hoping this is more of a lifestyle change and that I can continue this challenge past the 21 days.

I hope you have a lovely day wherever you are!
xoxo.

Image via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment