Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good enough

For the past couple of months, I have felt... not good enough. I can't seem to do anything right, and I don't really know why that is. I have been unhappy, and it hasn't had a positive impact on those I am closest to. I know there will always be times in my life when I struggle, and I think this year will just have to be one of those times. I just get frustrated, with myself, with those around me. I never know if I am making good choices, and only wish I could see that I am happy in 5, 10 years. I suppose that is why I started this blog, so that one day I would read this and laugh at my silly little problems and worries. I just want to be okay, and yet it seems like so much to ask sometimes. Where do I want to be in 10 years? Hmm, I will be 27. That seems like such a long time away, and yet, how will I already be 27 in 10 short years? I would like to have a little apartment with a big fluffy dog, a big leather chair, lots of books. I have said this for so long, and yet I still have no idea how I will get there, what my job will be, if I will be happy. I don't want to settle, I don't want to feel like I have settled. I think there is something beautifully organic about not living in one place, in always learning and stretching through travel. Kids? i would love a whole bunch of them, right now if it was financially possible. Then again, I want to be the best mom I can, and I feel that could only be possible if I have learned, challenged, and changed myself through exploring. I want to be able to tell my kids wonderful stories about my travels, and be able to take them to those places. Kids deserve an incredible childhood, and I can't wait to give that to my babies. But for now, I will go for a walk this afternoon, do my homework, do what is necessary right now. I don't know what the future will bring, but sometimes, that just has to be good enough. xo, Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment